Most of us are safe at home under quarantine right now, with lots and lots of time on our hands. Why not put that time to good use by sharing some positive Google reviews for your favorite businesses? It’s a great way to support your favorite businesses and it won’t cost anything but a little bit of your time.
Positive Google reviews help a business in the following ways:
- Improves the visibility of a business on Google. The more reviews, the better the rankings.
- Provides testimonials a business can use later in marketing materials.
- Gives positive feedback to business owners.
Positive Google Reviews Are Powerful
Positive Google reviews are a very powerful tool a business has in their marketing tool kit. When we are considering buying an item online or trying a new service, what do we do? We scroll straight to the reviews. A positive review allows a business to prove themselves to their customers.
The importance of collecting genuine, honest reviews for a business cannot be overstated when it comes to increasing brand trust. Even when a business has a solid marketing plan that drives customers to their website, they still need reviews.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The quality and quantity of reviews on Google is an important ranking factors for local SEO. When a potential customer scans search results for a product or service, those listings with reviews will have a great presence. More reviews means more credibility, which means more clicks. If your business has a 4.5 star rating with 21 reviews, that’s strong social proof that your business can be trusted.
Customers – Here’s How To Leave a Google Review For a Business
- Open your internet browser and login to Google
- Search for a local business
- Scroll down until you see the Write a Review button on the bottom right side of the screen (directly to the right of the Reviews section, next to the Add a photo button).
- Click Write a Review.
- A box titled Rate and Review will pop up. You will be given the option to select a certain number of stars for the company and write out details of your experience(s).
- Write a positive, descriptive review, select your star, and click post.
- Now you know how to leave a Google review.
Businesses – Here’s What You Should Be Doing
If you are a small business owner, you probably already have a Google business listing. If you haven’t claimed your business on Google, stop and do that first.
An easy way to start collecting online reviews is to ask family and friends to review your business. Businesses also need a process in place to encourage reviews rather than waiting for them to happen spontaneously.
Put a strategy in place for asking customers following their purchases. Make the process as easy and seamless as possible. Consider sending an email with a link, or setting up a button on your website.
Reply to all of your Google reviews, whether good or bad. Responding lets people see you are engaging in the process.
Google Reviews Are Gold
All businesses appreciate positive reviews. On some level, positive Google reviews are a kind of currency when it comes to a business website. Completing a Google review right now is a great way to support your favorite businesses, especially those that are deemed “non-essential” during the quarantine.
Have more questions about Google Reviews? Feel free to contact us here, or call 314-223-7496.